Facebook

Thursday, January 23, 2014

NIGERIAN TREND AM LOVING: IRO AND BUBA

If anyone knows me too well, then you would know that am not a fan of the normal iro and buba which usually makes you look 10x older than one actually is
Recently, people have actually brought some twist into styling it.
And its actually making me consider getting a bunch of them made since person don dey old na.
I wouldn't be expected to step out on my traditional wedding day looking all trousered (yea new word) up.
First it was the Oleku style. The inventor being from the Tiwa Savage's song (I fit kolo for that babe style I swear). If you don't know about the Oleku style, its where the buba is tied very short and the top and bottom is of different fabric.








And so after that, the current one that seems to be taking over the naija scene came about.
 Which is the longer version of Oleku but mainly sewn with silk fabrics or lace and is usually styled by tying it by the side or the front.
This style has worn my heart over mehn... I can't get over it. Naija people una too get talent jare. See pictures below





I do not own any of the pictures used on this post. (All gotten from Google images). Let me know what nigerian or country's trend you loving below. See you on the next post. ADIOS....

No comments:

Post a Comment