Facebook

Saturday, January 11, 2014

LETTER TO NOLLYWOOD (NIGERIAN MOVIE INDUSTRY) PRODUCERS AND DIRECTORS

        I have tried getting the message that most of you guys are trying to pass across in your movies these days but I end up getting nothing. I remember back in the day when movies had to do with what was going on in the country and we would actually enjoy them even when messages were been passed across. We would be able to seat with our parents and watch movies together without feeling uncomfortable or looking for the remote to forward the movie(cos of the sex scenes.lol..even though am old enough). I would need these new movie producers/directors to actually sit down and go through scripts before diving in to make these movies. So here are a few pointers that I came up with that I think am not the only one sick and tired of coming across:
   - Enough I mean enough of all these part 1 part 2 or sequel movies. Its really not that necessary. I would rather prefer one very interesting glued-to-my-seat movie than sequel movies that I end up forwarding till the movie ends. I went on youtube and clicked on Onyinye the wine tapper. First of all, this movie had nothing to do with the chick been a wine tapper and second, it showed that I had to have watched Golden Gift 1&2 before Onyinye the wine tapper. Really? Same with Azonto Classics 1 & 2 which had its own sequel. This is really getting annoying Biko.
  - Another annoying thing is naming these so-called movies according to useless trends going on in Nigeria. Some times I just think within myself whether they actually came up with these names themselves or what. You see movies like See Gobe, Limpopo Chicks abi na Babes sef, Blackbery Babes ( e no do una una do Blacberry Reloaded), Facebook babes. Its just sad mehn. I tire for una ooo..
  - Copying other countries movies to the point where you actually know the next scene that is going to come up. So whats the point of me even attempting to watch the movie. Don't get me wrong. It is allowed to copy movies but please make it less obvious abeg. Like one I watched of recent that they copied Tyler Perry's Diary of a Mad Black woman. I dey wait d day these oyinbo owners go sue una nyash. There are lots of things happening in Nigeria that y'all can replicate into a movie.
  - One has to really screen these movies they play for their kids because of the excess sex scenes that comes up every two seconds. If no be sex, na ashewo work..
  -This is the most that gets me mad. No kind of editing whatsoever. I was watching a movie one day and in the middle of the movie I heard *ACTION*. What? I had to rewind it to make sure I did hear that word. I was so embarrassed for them. So no one can go through these movies after shooting to really make sure everything is ok before it is been released to the public. Imagine the day of the premier and that comes up. Anyways most naija movies no dey get premier sef. But seriously its a shameful thing. Not to talk of those yoruba subtitles. Thats another topic entirely. If una no get good editors, I dey available oo..
  - The last point would be their makeup. I can't even begin to describe that one. Most of these actors and actresses would just be looking like they threw them in a mud and threw them in the movie. I just wanna ask, Is it it too hard to just hire a good makeup artist to prep these actors? On youtube, One can find most of these makeup artist based in nigeria to help out. if na 20 or 30k them go manage am if y'all can't afford the big ones. Some can even work for free but i no advice am. lol. At least these movies eventually make money so you can definitely pay for a makeup artist.

     So here ends my rant for today. I hope this *LETTER* gets to the top guns. lol. No but on a serious note , change needs to come to the Nigerian movie industry ASAP. This is 2014 abeg. Na so my own take do me today oo.. I don leave una. Hope everyone have a great day. Let me know in the comments what you dislike about the Nigerian movie Industry. See you on the next post... ADIOS

No comments:

Post a Comment