Facebook

Saturday, January 18, 2014

NIGERIA: IGNORANCE AND RESPECT

This topic would mostly be directed to our brothers and sisters in the Diaspora (our abroad childrens.lol).
I am sure everyone has heard the saying "It takes a village to raise a child abi na train a child all join". But let me just say that Nigerians will always carry their own to the next level no matter what. The ignorance level is just raised to power two. After they will tell you that you have no respect when be say you no be my papa or mama when they themselves will not respect you.
This brings me to this story about my experience when I went back home. I swear I for break person head. lol (I no get power ooo no mind me).
So it all started with my third day in Lagos. My family stays in a gated community and so there is always a security guard staying at the entrance.
Each time I pass this entrance (with mostly my boyfriend and his friends), I greet the so-called guard (you know naija and greeting like say e dey pay their bill) e go answer. But his issue is that he doesn't know which of the houses I go into (like say e concern am) even though he saw my brother and myself the first day I crossed that gate.
So on this fateful night (una go see why I call am fateful).. My boyfriend came to see me and we decided to go out. Mind you na one gate to go and come we get. So when we were coming in, we opened the gate and closed it back the way it was ooo. The next thing we hear na *eeh eeh eeh make una come close that gate well. Shey na so una see am*. Omo my brain spark oo. First of all, why do you have to call me eeh eeh eeh?? Second of all *please* no dey ur dictionary abi. Besides this same gate was closed the way we saw it.   My boyfriend being the good Samaritan he is, decided to push the gate further. But in the main time, I allowed my mouth do some small running as per the woman when I abi.
The following morning I was going to get something and this guard decided to stop me. Biggest mistake of his life. The mouth when don rest, resurrect again. And he went ahead to say if them born me well I should pass the gate that night. Another big mistake You don't talk to people anyhow because you incharge of a gate. I no blame am because I short. I don dey ask God since where hin put me when hin dey give out height. So I decided to go tell my aunt everything that happened and she went to query the man. You can imagine what my aunt came to tell me later. This man went to tell my aunt that every time I pass the gate, that my boyfriend will always carry me or that we will be kissing. I no fit laugh that day. We went back to meet this man oo.. because I wanted to know when all these ones happened. The man no fit talk again.
This story is just to let y'all know how us the abroadians(i know its not a word. SHATAP.lol) are always treated because of the notion that we don't have respect. Everyone deserves RESPECT no matter how young they are.
The second aspect is IGNORANCE. People in Nigeria make stupid rules that does not make sense and people will go with it. This brings me to my second story. Visiting LASU (lagos state university).
I was about to go to this so called university to use their atm. On getting to the gate, they said I couldn't go in. I asked why. And they said I was not putting on the right outfit. My people ask me wetin I wear. I was putting on a trouser and a cami top because it was HOT. who has time for sleeves. i say na wa ooo. But if na celebrities na automatic entrance oo.
Another day I was going to church oo. Na hin I reach gate, One woman passing started shouting. Make una no allow am enter that church oo. See as devil dey come church in form of human being. The people at the gate was looking at the lady and looking at me and was saying that there was nothing wrong with my outfit. E just be like say make I fly give that woman better beating.Of course my mouth did not close oo. I dey church so God will forgive me after prayers.lol. You no dey feed me, you no dey buy my cloth so what gives you the right to dictate what I wear? The ignorance level in Nigeria is just too much. If you speak phoney, them go say you dey form. If you no speak, them go say you too bush. What gives people the right to embarrass someone on the road because of their dressing. Are you righteous yourself? All these things need to seriously stop. There are more things to be worried about than someone's dressing. I don talk am say anybody when try that nonsense with me ee.. if hin no kill me, i go kill am. This is 2014. Kilode gan?

So there is my rant for the day.. Hope this one make sense sha... See you on the next rant. Have a good weekend. ADIOS......

No comments:

Post a Comment